Services Offered by Nutrition with Allegra
One-on-one nutrition counseling in person or by phone and email:
- Initial consultation 60-90 minutes - Adults: During this comprehensive first meeting we will review your health history and eating/diet history. We will discuss your nutrition needs and goals then review your food logs, which I will ask you to start keeping a few days before our session. We will begin to put a new eating plan in place which will be individually tailored to meet your nutrition and health needs and goals. After the first session I will write and email you a session report, shopping list and recommended meals and snacks.
- Follow up consultations 30, 45 or 60 minutes - Adults: During the follow up sessions we will track your progress and continue to modify and optimize your new eating plan to best meet your needs including my tips and recipes.
- Initial consultation 60-90 minutes - Kids: (Please refer to the "Kids Nutrition" tab above for further details.) During this first session we will review your child's health and eating history. We will discuss your child's nutrional needs and any challenges you and your family face with regard to your child's eating. We will begin to put a new eating plan and strategies in place to optimize your child's nutrition. After the first session I will write and email you a session report, shopping list, recommended meals and snacks and recommended feeding strategies. During consequent follow up sessions we will monitor your child's progress and continue to modify and optimize the new eating plan and strategies including recipes of my own that have been successful with my son and other children.
Ongoing text/email/phone support starting from the first session:
Once we begin working together I am available to you by text/email/phone whenever you need help or have questions between our sessions. My clients find this added level of support extremely helpful.
- Refrigerator and Pantry Makeovers: Let me help you fill your kitchen with healthy, delicious food that you will enjoy and feel good about eating
- Supermarket Tour: I will help guide you to a better understanding of which foods are best for you to buy and which ones to avoid based on the products' nutritional profiles as well as your individual likes, dislikes and goals. Part of this process will involve teaching you how to interpret nutrition facts labels
- Corporate Wellness: Health fairs, presentations, lunch and learns, individual and group counseling
- Lectures: I offer lectures on a variety of nutrition and health topics
- Articles and White Papers: I am available to write articles, white papers and other materials on health and nutrition topics of any type
Allegra Burton, MPH, RDN
Nutrition with Allegra
Chapel Hill, NC